As emails are the primary mode of communication and most businesses
use different mailing platforms, it is crucial to maintain and track
every interaction in a common database. As it helps people in the
customer facing roles to deliver most relevant conversations to the
customers. Which in turn can play a major role in building a stronger
relationship with the customers.
companies use their organization's Gmail account or allow its employees
to use their Gmail accounts to communicate with the customers. They can
sync the Gmail accounts with the CRM account using Zoho CRM for Gmail
If a customer sends an email to the
organization's Gmail account, the add-on will allow you to add him as a
lead or contact to the CRM account from where the relevant teams can
quickly follow-up. It saves time and reduces manual errors that may
occur during data transfer.
- The add-on will work on any browser: Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.
- The add-on is compatible with the Gmail mobile app.
Individual installation can be done by any user. The domain installation can be done only by the G suite administrator.
Installing Zoho CRM for Gmail Add-on
The add-on must be installed in the Gmail account. It can be installed in individuals or the organization's Gmail account.
Domain installation or organization Gmail account can be done only by the G suite administrators.
To install the add-on
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- From the right panel, click + Get Add-ons.
- In the G Suite Marketplace page, type Zoho CRM for Gmail in the search box.
- Click Zoho CRM for Gmail.
- Select Domain Install or Individual.
- Click Continue.
- In the Consent screen, scroll down and check the terms and conditions and click Allow.
- In the Installation Success screen click Done.
The Zoho CRM icon, will be visible in the right panel.
Working with the add-on
add-on allows you to sync the organization's or an individual's Gmail
account with the Zoho CRM account. Once the add-on is installed you can:
Emails received from new prospects can be added to CRM as lead or contact.
To add a lead or contact
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Open on the email and click the add-on icon from the right panel.
- Select Lead or Contact module.
- Enter values to the desired fields and click Add.
The record will be added to the CRM account.
update leads or contacts email address, contact number, last name,
source etc. from the information present in the email. The details will
be updated in the CRM record.
View record in CRM
There is an option to view the lead or contact's record in CRM from the Gmail account by clicking "View in CRM" button.
can be associated to the leads or contacts and viewed inside the
related list in CRM. Multiple emails can be associated to single lead or
contact, however once an email is associated with a contact it cannot
perform the below actions ensure that you are logged into your CRM
account. If you don't have a CRM account already you can create an
account from Gmail.
Uninstalling the add-on
You can uninstall the add-on from the Gmail account, by clicking on the add-on and selecting Manage add-on from the More icon. In the G suite Marketplace page, click Uninstall.
Only G suite administrators can uninstall the domain installations.